One foot at a time | One sole at a time | One hell of a good time

HOME | CONTACT | BIO | LUNA SANDALS

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Verdugo Mountain Huarache Test Run

Looking Down from the Top of My Journey

Aluminum Washer Fails
Aluminum Washer Before Run

Today I wanted to test a new material that I am very impressed with, i.e., aluminum cut from a beer can which I glued directly to the rubber with Rhino Glue.

I used the aluminum washer to repair breaks on an earlier pair of test huaraches. It held for nearly 10 miles of very steep hiking/running.

The strength of the bond of the aluminum to the rubber was better than any other material that I tested. Unfortunately, the way I made the washer, or the thinness of the aluminum, caused it to fail after climbing up an extremely steep, loose-graveled trail.

I barefooted home.

BFT

Labels: ,

 

HOME | CONTACT | LUNA SANDALS
Copyrighted 2004-2018 Barefoot Ted's Adventures