One foot at a time | One sole at a time | One hell of a good time

HOME | CONTACT | BIO | LUNA SANDALS

Saturday, March 06, 2010

Copper Canyon Ultra Marathon 2010


Copper Canyon Ultra Marathon CUMM 2007 (the second year for me)

Tomorrow, March 7, 2010, will be the start of the running of the 2010 Copper Canyon Ultra Marathon.  I ask all of you to send good energy to all the participants this year. 

To have been blessed to be part of this event has been life changing.  To have gotten a chance to come to know and love the Raramuri people and all the friends of the Tarahumara has been a true honor...a major blessing for me, adding richness and insight to my life in doses so large that it continuously boggles my mind and leaves me with a deep sense of gratitude and thankfulness.

Indeed the Raramuri culture of korima is something that touches all of us with its simple beauty and trust in the human-divine spirit of sharing and mutual love.  Let that spirit live on in all of us as we recognize it in our own lives and in our own circles of friends, family and colleagues...and other co-inhabitants on this incredible planet.

Someday, you too may be blessed to run in the Canyons, to meet Caballo Blanco and touch fingertips with Arnulfo or some of the other local legends.  In the meantime, you can always try and book a trek in the canyons with the ole' Caballo himself (see: www.caballoblanco.com) or support the Norwas de Raramuri - Friends of the Running People - non-profit founded by Caballo (see: www.norawas.org).

May the Raramuri continue to run free and strong...and you too.

BFT

PS.  The photo montage above I made in 2007 shortly after returning from my second year of participating, the year after McDougall came down, the year following the year covered in the book "Born to Run".  It is an amazing tribute to the beauty of the experience.

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Jorge Orozco said...

Barefoot Ted, I hope to be there next year myself. I really enjoy all of the videos that you have posted on youtube and hopefully you will have some more video this time around also. Have fun and say hello to Caballo Blanco for all of us here in Seattle.

Jorge Orozco

Sunday, March 07, 2010

 
Blogger Barefoot Ted said...

Howdy Jorge

Truth be told...I am NOT at the race this year. I too am in Seattle sending my thoughts to the participants.

BFT

Sunday, March 07, 2010

 
Blogger kahedaco said...

Good luck - I feel fairly jealous here in NZ - I only got as close as Zacatecas a few years back - i check out the various websites with a great deal of interest.

Sunday, March 07, 2010

 
Blogger Boris T said...

Any news on the final results of the race?

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

 
Blogger Unknown said...

The Results of the March 7 CCUM--Copper Canyon ULtraMarathon, are:
Truth and Beauty.
367 starters, icluding 64 international runners, about 40 Mexican Nationals and 260+ Raramuri.
Raramuri from the High Sierra dominated the race and Raramuri won 4 out of the first 5, and 9 out of 10. As always, There were very good and respectful state-side runners sharing the trails and bounty with all.
May the Raramuri and all of us, especially the children, continue to Run Free
____Caballo Blanco

Thursday, March 11, 2010

 
Blogger gee8648 said...

Barefoot Ted,I just finished reading Born to Run and you, Caballo Blanco, and all of the other Mas Locos are absolutely unbelievable. To me you all are larger than life! It took me forever to finish the book because after a few pages I would get up and go running. Anyways I wanted to thank you for continuing to spread the word about barefoot running. I've told everyone I know about it and I am training myself to eventually run ultras! So what I guess I'm trying to say is thank you because I have finally begun to run my own race.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

 
Anonymous khairi said...

fantastic...read BORN TU RUN and i'm running barefoot now..what a feeling. never enjoy runnin so much! my first run was so unbelievable. i had pains but it was pure joy. will try to get FiveFingers. Cheers!

Sunday, May 02, 2010

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

HOME | CONTACT | LUNA SANDALS
Copyrighted 2004-2018 Barefoot Ted's Adventures