One foot at a time | One sole at a time | One hell of a good time

HOME | CONTACT | BIO | LUNA SANDALS

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Double Hemp vs. Latigo Leather Huarache Test


Leather on 6mm Vibram & Double Hemp on Elephant Bark (6.34mm)

Vibram vs. Elephant Bark

Broke a hemp strap

Took the two thicker soled huaraches out for a tough, hot and fast run up and down La Tuna Canyon's Hostetter Fire Road. Almost 4 miles up and 4 miles down.

The soles performed wonderfully on the hard rocky road.

A problem developed with the double hemp on the way up. I broke one of the straps. I believe that I have the holes too far in on the ankle holes on this version giving much more surface area for the hemp to touch the ground under a weight bearing area and get abraded.

Otherwise, the double hemp felt AS GOOD AS the leather. If I were to have added wetness to this run, the double hemp would have become the clear winner, but the break makes me have to go back to the drawing board.

I am fairly certain that I can fix the problem. So, this weekend will be a hard one testing several version getting OH SO CLOSE to a production model.

BFT



Labels:

 

HOME | CONTACT | LUNA SANDALS
Copyrighted 2004-2018 Barefoot Ted's Adventures