One foot at a time | One sole at a time | One hell of a good time

HOME | CONTACT | BIO | LUNA SANDALS

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Baby Jogger Madness - 7 hours

Badwater Solo Self-Sustained Prep

It is GREAT to be able to carry A LOT of extra water

This is the push method, but I can also use the pole to pull

Before the start, middle of the day. First 10 miles barefoot.

Decided to go on a little adventure today, and left at around 1:30pm to get as much heat as possible. I filled my 5 gallon igloo with ice and water and was out the door.

When you carry this much extra water, you can go places you would normally not be able to go because of lack of water. In my case, I decided to explore a few trails in the local mountains in an area that is far from any source of water, areas I would normally have to avoid for fear of running out of water.

After about 8 miles running barefoot up Little Tujunga Canyon, I turned off at Oak Springs and took a single-track trail (Oak Springs) and headed home through the mountains.

In order to go uphill on single-track, I had to pull the cart behind me, one hand on the extender pool, one hand on the buggy. It worked.

I really like this cart.

Are there carts made especially for off road towing?

BFT

PS. I have been drinking Accelerade this month. They sent me a month supply to test. To tell the truth, I really don't like the flavors much; however, I can tolerate the Fruit Punch flavor. They seem to use too much coloring. These drinks are too sweet and the after taste is strange. However, I did seem to have more endurance. I suggest they go with a less sugary flavor, or a no flavor version.

 

HOME | CONTACT | LUNA SANDALS
Copyrighted 2004-2018 Barefoot Ted's Adventures