One foot at a time | One sole at a time | One hell of a good time

HOME | CONTACT | BIO | LUNA SANDALS

Monday, July 16, 2007

Pony Cart Adventures

Photo by Brian Fink

Took my pony cart for some extreme climbing on Sunday. Decided to strap 5 gallons of water (44 pounds) to the cart and pull her up La Tuna Canyon.

I am working hard to figure out the perfect way to pull a cart. Why? Because I want to do next year's Solo Badwater Ultramarathon self-supported, like Marshall Ulrich (see here). That means I would carry all my own water and food from the lowest point in the Western Hemisphere, Badwater in Death Valley, 282 feet below sea level, all the way to the summit of Mt. Whitney, highest peak in the contiguous USA at 14,496 feet. Total mileage over 140 miles.

I really enjoy pulling the cart. I have created a special harness that has suspenders over my shoulders and a girdle that hugs my hips. When this is fitted just right, it feels good, and pulling is easy for me. Keeping the arms free is key. Also, going up hill is made easier with a walking cane.

This cart opens up all kinds of interesting possibilities for running off-road in the desert.

BFT

Pony Cart Transport Vehicle

Labels: , ,

 

HOME | CONTACT | LUNA SANDALS
Copyrighted 2004-2018 Barefoot Ted's Adventures