One foot at a time | One sole at a time | One hell of a good time

HOME | CONTACT | BIO | LUNA SANDALS

Friday, June 22, 2007

Rickshaw (Pony Cart) Suspenders



Running with Rickshaw Suspenders
HANDS are FREE

As many of you know, I have been using a pony cart as a rickshaw since last December (Xmas present).

One thing that has made it less comfortable is having to hold the rails while I run, which takes away the extra horsepower the arms can give when you pump them.

Well, today I used some braided hemp cordage to make some suspenders to hold the rails in a balanced position. Furthermore, I used the dog's harness at the front like a girdle to hold the rails against my midsection and give me the ability to get forward motion by pushing from my hips.

I was able to develop a comfortable pace pulling my wife through the neighborhood. Much easier than when I had to hold the rails and pull the rails forward with my arms.

BFT

Labels: , ,

 

HOME | CONTACT | LUNA SANDALS
Copyrighted 2004-2018 Barefoot Ted's Adventures