One foot at a time | One sole at a time | One hell of a good time

HOME | CONTACT | BIO | LUNA SANDALS

Friday, June 06, 2008

FiveFingers as a Skateboard shoe

BUY VIBRAM FIVEFINGERS

The biggest problem with using Vibram (pronounced vee-brum) FiveFinger barefoot shoes as skateboard shoes is if you have to do a lot of foot braking (foot braking involves using the shoe sole to slow down the skateboard). Foot braking can quickly wearout any skateboard shoe and it is especially true with the thin soles found on the FiveFingers.

The solution is simple.

I have been using Sure Foot stick on sole patches. They fit perfectly on the ball of the FFs and help slow down wear and tear.

I have been doing a lot of skateboarding (long distance pumping) with and without FiveFingers. If I am on a course the will require no foot braking, I go barefoot. It is the purest way to skate.

BFT




Long Distance Pumping in San Pedro, California
see map below


Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's mint. These things crop up in the wildest places.

Monday, June 09, 2008

 
Blogger Sean Dietrich said...

Skateboarding! Sounds like a blast! Never thought about doing it, I was always afraid of them after falling off one when I was 4. I got a mouthful of asphalt and scrapes all over. I never touched one again. But I think you have inspired me. :)

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you! I have skateboarded for about six years now, and I always go barefoot. My problem is that there are pieces of broken glass on the streets, which can really hurt! I have actually looked into using the FiveFingers shoes, and they look good.

Friday, July 25, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The biggest problem with using Vibram FiveFinger barefoot shoes as skateboard shoes is if you have to do a lot of foot braking."

The easiest solution would be to learn how to four wheel slide. It's easy peasy and it'll save your shoes. Plus, you have the benefit of not looking like a nub.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my sisters lives in Rancho Palos Verdes near San Pedro. I'll have to ask her if she's familiar with White Point Park and that part of San Pedro in general. Looks like a nice place for skateboarding!

Monday, September 22, 2008

 
Blogger Jeremy Smith said...

Where did you buy the Sure Foot pads? I cant seem to find them.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

 
Blogger Barefoot Ted said...

I bought my from a shoe repair shop...bought them out.

I have some for sale...need to add them to my site. $5.00 plus shipping.

BFT

Saturday, April 10, 2010

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

HOME | CONTACT | LUNA SANDALS
Copyrighted 2004-2018 Barefoot Ted's Adventures