One foot at a time | One sole at a time | One hell of a good time

HOME | CONTACT | BIO | LUNA SANDALS

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Leadville Trail 100 - Footwear & Nutrition


Leadville 100 Footwear: FiveFinger KSOs & Huaraches

Hemp seed mixed with Hammer Gel - ready to slurp.
Howdy Folks

The big day moves closer. I am getting my stuff all lined out. Per usual, I have mixed my own sports drink: 3 parts maltodexrtrin, 1 part Nutiva Hemp Protein, 1/2 part Green Magma and some rehydration salts. I will take this at every aid station.

This time I have mixed up my own sports gel using Hammer Gel (thanks Cabro) mixed with Nutiva Shelled Hemp seeds. This is a new mix for me, so very much interested in seeing how it goes. The nutrition found in hemp seeds is mind boggling.

Footwear will be primarily FiveFingers, but I may wear huaraches on long, flat, rocky sections. I may be too lazy to switch back and forth, especially when it is raining. In my experience, huaraches are not so good in rain. We shall see.

BFT

 

HOME | CONTACT | LUNA SANDALS
Copyrighted 2004-2018 Barefoot Ted's Adventures