One foot at a time | One sole at a time | One hell of a good time

HOME | CONTACT | BIO | LUNA SANDALS

Friday, June 11, 2010

Luna Sandals: the next generation of my huarache company | LESS > MORE


Running in the latest model of Luna Sandals - (*yes, these are the sandals I have been making since 2006...only getting a little better each generation).

It took a while before I really warmed up to wearing my sandals again.  Mostly because barefoot is by far the simplest and freest way to run and move, the most sustainable, the most enjoyable...especially in ideal barefooting situations of temperature and terrain.



The second reason I had not been wearing them as much is because I never found a tying system that I really loved.  Many of the traditional tying methods take too much time...so on and off can be a chore.  I needed a fail-safe slip-on method of tying.  Many over at the Minimalist Runner Google Group had been sharing various tying methods, but none perfectly satisfied...until now.

Maybe you like me have found that here are many situations where a simple slip-on sandal is nice to have.  Luna Sandals are now able to play this role...and look great at the same time.

Indeed, Luna Sandals are about to move into a new phase of production.  I am working with the idea that a sandal company can grow and thrive in the Pacific Northwest.  No overseas materials or labor required.  I am able to personally oversee every aspect of the creation of the sandals: the materials, the designs, the workspaces...all shall be as friendly as possible to both earth and primate alike.

Stay tuned for some exciting news about the next generation of Luna Sandals.

Barefoot Ted aka El Mono

Now accepting Pre-Orders of the Production Model >>> click here
(Starts shipping July 1st., 2010)



(Pictured above: My well-worn 6mm VibramĀ® sole with hemp laces) 

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Where can I find instructions for this new tying method?

Saturday, June 12, 2010

 
Blogger Barefoot Ted said...

New tying method video and photos coming soon.

I will be sharing two more methods for tying that I have tested and found excellent for leather and hemp laces.

BFT

Saturday, June 12, 2010

 
Blogger Bryan Baker said...

I'm impressed - they look great and seem like a top quality minimalist footwear.

I'd love to give a pair a try - I'll be in Portland, Oregon this summer. Let me know.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new tying method. My wife likes the look better. Not nearly as restrictive. You warned me, but mud is not a friend of these kinds of sandals. With the force created from a muddy footbed, my straps tore from the bed. With the new tie method, I can just take them off when I find mud.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

HOME | CONTACT | LUNA SANDALS
Copyrighted 2004-2018 Barefoot Ted's Adventures