One foot at a time | One sole at a time | One hell of a good time

HOME | CONTACT | BIO | LUNA SANDALS

Monday, August 16, 2010

Summer Monkey Business

Running barefoot with sandals in hand at the White River 50
photo by Glenn Tachiyama

What's EL MONO doing, you ask?

Well, I am working on my third summer preparing for the Leadville 100 Trail Race in Leadville, Colorado coming up on August 21.  Leadville is becoming a summer mecca spot for me.

My training is not as extensive as most seem to require.  Overall fitness and lots of easy running is key for me.  This year my training for the Leadville 100, apart from my little daily runs with the dogs in Volunteer Park, is thus:  In May, the Copenhagen Marathon.  In June the Vashon Island Ultra Marathon.  In July, the White River 50.  That's it...and should be enough.

At the top of Hope Pass...acclimatizing

So, in this year's Leadville 100, I hope to do the race in my newest Luna Sandal model dubbed the LEADVILLE (see below):

Prototype dubbed LEADVILLE before 50 mile trail run

So far, my tests with this new sandal have given me the confidence to believe that they are ready for a full 100 mile tough trail race...as long as it doesn't get too muddy.  So stay tuned, by this time next week I will have a report to share...and it should be interesting ;-)

 Prototype dubbed LEADVILLE after 50 mile trail run

BFT

PS.  The new LEADVILLE model will start being available for sale online starting August 25th.  If you are lucky enough to be in Leadville this week, we will be offering them for sale in town.

PSS.  I am staying in veteran Mas Loco runner Chris Labbe's Family's house behind the Tabor Opera House in Leadville...feel free to drop by and say howdy.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Josh Leeger said...

awesome!

Monday, August 16, 2010

 
Anonymous Mats said...

The grip pattern under the LEADVILLE looks like a good addition.
I bought the original Luna sandals and so far I'm very happy with them, both from a looks and function point of view, but...
I have found them to be a bit slippery, especially when forest hiking with some wet stone parts here and there.
Been wondering if some razoring ala my VFF sprints would be a way to improve the grip a bit...Any thoughts?

Anyways, good luck with the race, hope the sandals hold up :)

Monday, August 16, 2010

 
Blogger trixie dang said...

have a wonderful time at leadville!

and as for the new model sandals, are those wider, beefier straps i see? and might we be able to order them as an option (alongside the regular latigo & hemp laces) for other things?

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

 
Blogger Erik Backes said...

Hope to get up to Leadville this weekend. Will you be there post race or are we only able to come up and buy the sandals pre-race? Also, do you have a vendor location where you are selling them in Leadville?

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Go Ted! We'll be rooting for you back at the home front.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

 
Blogger brownie said...

Good luck at Pb!

Friday, August 20, 2010

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Good Luck with the new sandal. I'm a regular listener to the Marathon Talk Podcast. Your interview was great. Your points come across very well.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just hit the website looking for the Leadvilles. Have they not made it to the shop yet, or did I just miss them? Spent last weekend in Copper, wish I'd have know you guys were in Leadville, I'd have come over and grabbed a pair of Leadvilles in person!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

HOME | CONTACT | LUNA SANDALS
Copyrighted 2004-2018 Barefoot Ted's Adventures